Oldfield, Otis, b. 1890 d. 1969
Painter, Art teacher
Active in San Francisco, Calif.
Collection size: 6 items (on 1 microfilm reel)
Collection Summary: Five letters, 1925-1926, to "Odette" (Mrs. Helena Marguerita Da Rosa). Oldfield describes his work at the San Francisco Museum of Fine Arts and daily activities as an artist. Also included is a photograph of Oldfield, 1913.
Biographical/Historical Note: Otis Oldfield (1890-1969) was a painter and teacher from San Francisco, Calif.
Donated 1982 by Mrs. Betty Chidlaw.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 3161 available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Otis Oldfield, 1965 May 21
- Otis Oldfield papers, 1910-1975
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Oldfield, Otis