Smith, Paul J., b. 1931
Active in New York, N.Y.
Rossbach, Ed, b. 1914 d. 2002
Active in Berkeley,Calif.
Sound recordings: 8 sound cassettes.
Transcripts: 86 p.
Format: Ed Rossbach's health problems at the time of the interview affected his ability to recall certain events.
Collection Summary: Oral history interview with Ed Rossbach (37 p. transcript) and Katherine Westphal (49 p.) conducted by Paul J. Smith in preparation for the exhibition "The Ties That Bind: Fiber Art by Ed Rossbach and Katherine Westphal from the Daphne Farago Collection" sponsored by the Rhode Island School of Design, Museum of Art.(The exhibition was held at RISD, 17 October 1997-11 January 1998 and at the American Craft Museum, NYC, 25 June-6 September 1998.) Two exhibition catalogs are also included.
Biographical/Historical Note: Rossbach: b. 1914; d. 2002. Westphal: b. 1919. Both are fiber artists, Berkeley, Calif.; he the weaver, and she the painter/printer.
Donated 1998 by the Rhode Island School of Design, Museum of Art.
How to Use this Collection
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Paul J. Smith, 2010 April 19-20
- Paul J. Smith papers, 1955-2011
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Smith, Paul J.