Bluhm, Norman, b. 1921 d. 1999
Active in N.Y.
Collection size: 350 items.
Collection Summary: Correspondence, jottings, catalogs, clippings, and 149 photographs, ca. 1950-1969, including 17 of Bluhm (some with other artists) and 132 of his works. Artists included in the photos are Insho Domoto, Michael Goldberg, Joan Mitchell, Phillip Pavia, Peter Pollack, Jean-Paul Riopelle, Nadja Scarpitta, Syd Solomon, Nora Speyer, Antonio Tapies, and Wou-Ki Zao.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter; Millbrook, New York. b. 1920, in Chicago, Ill. d. Feb. 3, 1999, in East Wallingford, Vt. Birthdate also listed as 1921.
Donated 1969 and 1970 by Norman Bluhm.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel N70-26 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Norman Bluhm, 1969 October 23-November 12
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Bluhm, Norman