Oliveira, Nathan, b. 1928 d. 2010
Painter, Sculptor, Printmaker
Active in San Francisco, Calif.
Collection size: 6.0 linear ft. (partially microfilmed on 1 reel)
Collection Summary: REEL 642: 942 letters mainly relating to galleries, exhibitions and teaching. A large part of the correspondence is with Charles Alan and Paul Kantor. There are also 2 letters from Mark Tobey, and 1 each from Euguene Berman, Robert S. Neuman and James Hennesy. Also included is a scrapbook of 43 clippings about exhibitions; contracts, financial papers, and other material relating to his teaching career and to museum and gallery business matters; 17 exhibition announcements; 64 exhibition catalogs; 15 photographs of Oliveira and others; 2 drawings; and miscellaneous papers.
ADDITION: Press clippings, exhibition notices, and correspondence. [Portions previously microfilmed on reel 642].
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter and teacher; Stanford, California.
Material on reel 642 lent for microfilming 1973-1974 by Oliveira. Portions subsequently donated by Oliveira along with additional, unmicrofilmed material in 1992.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 642 available for use at only at Archives of American Art offices.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Nathan Oliveira monologue, 1980 Sept. 7
- Oral history interview with Nathan Oliveira, 1978 Aug. 9-1981 Dec. 29
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Oliveira, Nathan