Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
Collection size: 8 sound cassettes. 2 sound tape reels ; 5 in.
Collection Summary: A panel discussssion, an interview and 5 lectures sponsored by the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Included are a panel discussion "Is it just paint? The Figure in Contemporary Painting," with participants Rackstraw Downes, Frank H. Goodyear, Alex Katz, Kenworth Moffett, Linda Nochlin and Neil Welliver; an interview "Drawing Confronts Modernism: A Conversation with Jim Dine," conducted by Clifford Ackley; two lectures delivered for the "American Artists & the Advant Garde" series, including Theodore Stebbins' "Arthur G. Dove: An American Master" and John Paul Driscoll's "The Art of Charles Sheeler: To Make a Poem Again"; and 3 lectures delivered by Paula Cooper, Alan Fink, and Arnold Glimcher as part of "The Dealer's Eye" lecture series, moderated by William J. Burback.
Donated 1983-1984 by the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.
How to Use this Collection
- Panel discussion: Authorization to publish, quote or reproduce must be obtained from: Kenworth Moffett, Department of Twentieth Century Art, Museum of Fine Arts, 465 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115 and from Linda Nochlin 875 West End Avenue, New York, N.Y. 10001.
- Stebbins lecture: ACCESS RESTRICTED; written permission required. Dine interview: ACCESS RESTRICTED written permission required. Untranscribed; use requires an appointment.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Dealers' choice : panel discussion, 1983 Apr. 27
- Interviews of artists by Brian O'Doherty, [ca. 1962]
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston records, 1870-1973
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Museum of Fine Arts, Boston