VideorecordingExcerpts of interview with Sol Lewitt
Museum of Contemporary Art (Chicago, Ill.),
8.0 linear feet
107 video cassettes (U-matic) ; 3/4 inch.
Collection Summary: The Museum of Contemporary Art Interviews measure 8 linear feet and contain video interviews with 35 artists, curators, and an art collector, conducted by the staff of the Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago between 1979 and 1986, on 107 U-Matic videocassettes.
Biographical/Historical Note: The Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago was founded in 1967 with Jan van der Marck as its first Director.
Donated 1986 by the Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago.
Funding for the processing of this collection was provided by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, administered through the Council on Library and Information Resources' Hidden Collections grant program.
How to Use this Collection
- Read the Finding Aid for this collection
- Some of the video recordings in this collection have been copied for research access and digital copies are available in the Archives of American Art officices.
- Tapes are for study purposes only. Editing or duplication of these tapes requires prior written permission from: Museum of Contemporary Art, 237 East Ontario Street, Chicago, Ill. 60611.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C. Research Center. Use of archival audiovisual recordings with no duplicate access copy requires advance notice. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.