Davidson, Morris, b. 1898 d. 1979
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 2.2 linear ft. (partially microfilmed on 1 reel)
Collection Summary: Correspondence; photographs; manuscripts; clippings; and exhibition catalogs and announcements.
REEL 667: 24 photographs of Davidson's paintings; 22 catalogs and announcements of one man shows and others; photo of members of the Provincetown Art Association; manuscripts of two of his published works, AN APPROACH TO MODERN PAINTING and PAINTING WITH PURPOSE.
UNMICROFILMED: Resumes; an unpublished, incomplete autobiography; correspondence about exhibitions; exhibition catalogs and announcements; clippings; 200 photographs of Davidson and his paintings; typed and handwritten manuscripts, notes, royalty statements, reviews, and correspondence concerning Davidson's published and unpublished writings on art.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter; New York, N.Y. Died 1979.
Donated 1973 and 1979 by Anne and Morris Davidson.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 667 available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Morris Davidson, 1971 July 21
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Davidson, Morris