Resnick, Milton, b. 1917 d. 2004
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 0.6 linear ft. (partially microfilmed on 1 reel)
Collection Summary: Correspondence, biographical data, printed material, poetry, and photographs.
REEL N69-44: Letters from Resnick to his wife, Patricia Passlof; correspondence with the Howard Wise Gallery, the Holland Goldowsky Gallery, and other general and business correspondence; biographical data; clippings, exhibition announcements and catalogs; poetry and notes; and personal photographs and photographs of art work.
UNMICROFILMED: Published poems by Resnick; 8 issues of SCRAP, 1960-1962; exhibition announcements and catalogs, press releases, clippings, and other printed material; and 3 photographs.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter, instructor; New York, N.Y. Born in Bratslav, Russia. Instructor, Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, N.Y.
Material on reel N69-44 lent for microfilming by Resnick and his wife, Patricia Passlof, 1969 and portions (fr. 3-83, 142-194, 204-284) subsequently donated in 1981.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel N69-44 available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Milton Resnick, 1988 July 13-Oct. 11
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Resnick, Milton