New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 5.3 linear feet
Collection Summary: The papers of Mildred Constantine measure 5.3 linear feet and are dated 1945-2008. Subject files, writings, photographs, and a scrapbook provide an overview of her curatorial work in the Architecture and Design department of the Museum of Modern Art, and subsequent activities as an independent curator, and art consultant. Especially well documented is the book, "Whole Cloth" that she wrote with Laurel Reuter.
Biographical/Historical Note: Curator and writer Mildred Constantine (1913-2008) was associated with the Museum of Modern Art's Department of Architecture and Design from 1943 to 1971.
Donated 2009 by Judith Bettelheim and Vicki McDaniel, Constantine's daughters.
How to Use this Collection
- Read the Finding Aid for this collection
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Mildred Constantine, 1965 Oct. 15
- Oral history interview with Mildred Constantine, 1976 May 3-1976 Aug. 26