Kozloff, Max, b. 1933
Art critic, Photographer, Art historian
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 1.4 linear feet
Collection Summary: The papers of art critic and photographer Max Kozloff measure 1.4 linear feet and date from circa 1950-2015. The collection provides a glimpse into the work life of a prolific twentieth century American art critic through biographical material, correspondence with artists and critics, interviews, many unpublished writings, and printed material.
Biographical/Historical Note: Max Kozloff (1933- ) is an art critic and photographer in New York, New York.
Max Kozloff donated his papers to the Archives of American Art in 2016.
How to Use this Collection
- Read the Finding Aid for this collection
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Max Kozloff, 2014 May 19-2015 January 20
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Kozloff, Max