Greenwood, Marion, b. 1909 d. 1970
Painter, Mosaicist, Lithographer, Portrait painter
Active in New York, N.Y.; Woodstock, N.Y.
Collection size: 0.4 linear ft.
Collection Summary: This collection of photographs and miscellaneous printed material relating to Marion Greenwood's career includes ca. 300 photographs of Greenwood, of her work, family and friends, exhibition catalogs, a resumé, and an article about Greenwood.
REEL 85: Photographs of Greenwood's paintings, including the Rodriguez Civic Center frescoes in Mexico, ca. 1933, photographs of Greenwood at work on the frescoes, and of Greenwood with her family, with Diego Rivera and Isamu Noguchi; exhibition catalogs; a career resumé; and an article by Harry Salpeter about Greenwood.
UNMICROFILMED: Photographs of Greenwood's paintings of the 1930's and 1940's, including various Federal Art Project murals and frescoes; and the cover and an illustrated inner leaf detached from DEMOREST'S MONTHLY MAGAZINE, July 1883.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter, lithographer, mosaicist, fresco and mural painter; New York, N.Y.
Material donated 1964 by Marion Greenwood.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 85 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Microfilmed portion must be consulted on microfilm.
Access to unmicrofilmed material in Washington, D.C. storage facility requires an appointment.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Marion Greenwood, 1964 Jan. 31
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Greenwood, Marion