Marilyn Pearl Gallery
Collection size: 7.4 linear ft.
Collection Summary: The records of the Marilyn Pearl Gallery are dated 1925-2000, with the bulk of the material from the period 1976-1993. The collection measures 7.4 linear feet and consists of artists' files, exhibition files, and business records documenting affiliated artists and gallery activities.
Biographical/Historical Note: Marilyn Pearl Gallery is an art gallery in New York, N.Y., established 1976. At 29 W. 57th St. until 1982; moved to 38 E. 58th St. in 1982, and to 420 W. Broadway in SoHo in 1987. Closed circa 1992-1993. The Marilyn Pearl Gallery represented many abstract artists active in the 1930s and 1940s.
Donated 2002 by Marilyn Pearl.