Curator, Museum director
New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 2.4 linear ft.
Collection Summary: The papers of curator and museum director Marcia Tucker measure 2.4 linear feet and date from 1973-1994. The collection documents Tucker's tenure as the director of the New Museum of Contemporary Art in New York through artists' files, correspondence, project files, printed material, and photographs. The papers also reflect Tucker's activities as an advocate for women in the arts.
Biographical/Historical Note: Curator and museum director Marcia Tucker (1940-2006) lived and worked in New York.
Donated in 2000 by Marcia Tucker.
How to Use this Collection
- Read the Finding Aid for this collection
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Marcia Tucker, 1978 Aug. 11-Sept. 8
- Image Gallery items from other collections related to Tucker, Marcia