Neri, Manuel, b. 1930
Active in Benicia, Calif.
Collection size: ca. 300 items (on 3 microfilm reels)
Collection Summary: Correspondence, printed material, photographs, sketches, notes and financial material.
REELS 2290-2291: Biographical material; personal and business correspondence; bills, receipts and other financial material; 2 sketches; teaching notes; a grant proposal for "Sculpture Materials in their Environment"; printed material, minutes and reports on the Benecia Art Center in Benecia, California; 32 postcards collected by Neri; and photographs of Neri, his friends, family, models and sculpture.
REEL 3161: Two exhibition announcements for shows at the Six Gallery in San Francisco.
Biographical/Historical Note: Sculptor; Benecia, California.
Material on reels 2290 & 2291 lent for microfilming by Neri through his agent, Anne Kohs, 1982. Material on reel 3161 was donated by Neri, 1977.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reels 2290, 2291 and 3161 available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Manuel Neri, 2008 May 6
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Neri, Manuel