Winston, Lydia, b. 1897 d. 1989
Active in Birmingham, Ala.
Wiston, Harry Lewis, b. 1892 d. 1965
Active in Birmingham,Mich.
Collection size: 7.0 linear ft. (on 9 microfilm reels)
Collection Summary: Records of the Winston collection of contemporary American and European art; and a copy of the catalog of the Winston collection.
REELS D214-D221: Correspondence with museums, dealers and artists; a card file on artists in the Winston collection, giving biographical and bibliographic information; photographs; exhibition catalogs; clippings; and articles on the artists. Among the correspondents are Alexander Calder, Josef Albers, Alfred Steiglitz, Giacomo Balla, and Umberto Boccioni.
REEL 3482: A copy of the catalog of the Lydia and Harry Lewis Winston Collection, 152 p.
Biographical/Historical Note: Art collectors; Birmingham, Michigan. The collection is mainly focused on the Futurists and their successors.
Material on reels D214-D221 lent for microfilming 1966; material on reel 3482 donated 1973 by Lydia Winston Malbin.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reels D214-D221 & 3482 available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Lydia Winston, 1974 August 23-27
- Oral history interview with Lydia Winston, 1976 April 14