Eilshemius, Louis M. (Louis Michel), b. 1864 d. 1941
Painter, Author, Draftsman (artist)
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 2 items (0.3 linear ft.)
Collection Summary: Two-page holograph manuscript, signed by Eilshemius, (n.d., ca. 1930s) describing the inspiration for his paintings in addition to his life in Europe in the 1880s. Also included is a drawing by Eilshemius of an embellished picture frame.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter, draftsman, writer, composer; New York, New York. Born 1864. Died 1941.
Donated 2002 by Robert N. Williams, who received the mss. and drawing from a friend.
How to Use this Collection
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Louis M. Eilshemius and family account books, 1886-1904
- Louis M. Eilshemius letter to Mr. W. J. F., 1935 Mar. 17
- Louis M. Eilshemius letters and photograph, [ca. 1892-1931]
- Louis M. Eilshemius printed material, 1897-1941
- Image Gallery items from other collections related to Eilshemius, Louis M. (Louis Michel)