Eilshemius, Louis M. (Louis Michel),
Painter, Author, Draftsman (artist)
New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 5 v. (on 2 partial microfilm reels)
Collection Summary: REEL D193 (fr. 955-1341): 4 v., 1886-1904, of ledgers recording the household accounts of the Eilshemius family. REEL 4781: 1 v., 1892-1894, recording the household accounts of the Eilshemius family, probably kept by Eilshemius' brother or another family member.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter, mathematician, composer, writer; New York, N.Y.
Donated by the Whitney Museum of American Art, 1956 (reel D193) and 1984 (reel 4781), who received it from the Eilshemius family.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel D193 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Louis M. Eilshemius holograph manuscript and drawing, [ca. 1930s]
- Louis M. Eilshemius letter to Mr. W. J. F., 1935 Mar. 17
- Louis M. Eilshemius letters and photograph, [ca. 1892-1931]
- Louis M. Eilshemius printed material, 1897-1941
- Image Gallery items from other collections related to Eilshemius, Louis M. (Louis Michel)