Evergood, Philip Howard, b. 1901 d. 1973
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 5 items (on partial microfilm reel)
Collection Summary: Four letters and a postcard to collectors Florence and Alex Stroll. Evergood discusses his exhibits and plans and thanks the Strolls for purchasing his painting "Rural Scene." Also included is an announcement from the Terry Dintenfass Gallery signed by Evergood.
Biographical/Historical Note: Evergood was a painter, NYC and Conn; the Strolls, art collectors; Detroit, Mich.
Originals lent for photocopying by Florence Stroll, 1966.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 5050 (fr. 968-975) available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Philip Evergood, 1968 Dec. 3
- Philip Evergood interview, 1959 June
- Philip Evergood papers, 1890-1971
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Evergood, Philip Howard