Motherwell, Robert Burns, b. 1915 d. 1991
Painter, Printmaker, Draftsman (artist)
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 1 p.
Collection Summary: Motherwell comments on a painting of his that Reedy owned and mentions his visit to the Walker Art Musuem.
Biographical/Historical Note: Motherwell was an abstract expressionist painter, New York, N.Y. and Greenwich, Conn; Reedy, a Minnesota collector.
Donated 2002 by Clyde M. Reedy.
How to Use this Collection
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Robert Motherwell, 1971 Nov. 24-1974 May 1
- Oral history interview with Robert Motherwell, 1981 Feb. 15
- Robert Motherwell lecture, 1973 Apr. 18
- Robert Motherwell postcard to William Baziotes, 1944
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Motherwell, Robert Burns