Golub, Leon, b. 1922 d. 2004
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 24.6 linear feet
Collection Summary: Biographical material, correspondence, writings, personal business records, printed material and audio visual material relating to painter and instructor, Leon Golub.
Biographical/Historical Note: Leon Golub (1922-2004) was a painter and instructor in New York, N.Y. Golub was married to painter and collage artist, Nancy Spero.
Donated 1978 by Leon Golub and the majority of the papers donated 2013 by Leon Golub via via Stephen Golub, Philip Golub, and Paul Golub, The Nancy Spero and Leon Golub Foundation for the Arts.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm Reel N69-22 available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan. It has yet to be determined if material on reel N69-22 has been donated in its entirety.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Leon Golub, 1968 Oct. 28-Nov. 18
- Image Gallery items from other collections related to Golub, Leon