Noland, Kenneth, b. 1924 d. 2010
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 0.2 linear ft.
Collection Summary: Correspondence, printed material, photographs and an audio cassette relating to the sculptor David Smith and his works.
Letters from and about Smith; Smith's funeral bill; 7 snapshots taken by Stanley Twardowicz at the Noland home in 1964 of Noland, Smith and Jules Olitski; negatives of unidentified people; photographs and negatives of work by Smith; and clippings. Also included is a recorded interview with Leon Pratt, Smith's assistant (interviewer unidentified), 1960s.
Biographical/Historical Note: Kenneth Noland (1924-2010) was a painter, educator in South Salem, New York, and friend of David Smith.
Donated 1988 by Kenneth Noland.
How to Use this Collection
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Kenneth Noland, 1971 Oct. 9-Dec. 21
- Oral history interview with Kenneth Noland, 1987 July 1-16
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Noland, Kenneth