Callahan, Kenneth L., b. 1905 d. 1986
Active in Seattle, Wash.
Collection size: 2000 items (on 2 microfilm reels).
Collection Summary: Correspondence, clippings, biographical material, personal documents, exhibition notices and catalogs, lectures and writings on art, note and sketchbooks, personal photographs, among them 1 of Mark Tobey and several of Callahan in his studio, and photographs of his works. Also included is a masters thesis on Callahan by Jean Weihl.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter; Pacific Northwest; d. 1986.
Donated 1963 by Kenneth Callahan.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reels D299-D300 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Kenneth Callahan, 1965 March 9
- Oral history interview with Kenneth Callahan, 1982 October 27-December 19