Schrag, Karl, b. 1912 d. 1995
Painter, Printmaker, Illustrator
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 0.2 linear ft. (on 2 partial microfilm reels)
Collection Summary: Photographs, biographical and bibliographic materials, writings, a scrapbook, and sketchbooks.
REEL N70-36: Biographical materials; photographs of Schrag's paintings; drafts of published articles; three sketchbooks; and a scrapbook containing clippings and exhibition announcements.
REEL N70-48: Photographs of Schrag's paintings; and an article by Schrag on printmaking.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter; New York City. Born 1912. Died 1995.
Donated 1970 by Schrag, except sketchbooks and scrapbooks, which he lent for microfilming, 1970.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reels N70-36 and N70-48 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Karl Schrag, 1970 October 14-20
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Schrag, Karl