Hirshhorn, Joseph H., b. 1899 d. 1981
Collector, Businessperson, Philanthropist
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 1 item
Collection Summary: Letter to Joseph Hirshhorn from Jacques Lipchitz, Feb. 2, 1958 concerning the establishment of the Archives of American Art.
Biographical/Historical Note: Joseph Hirshhorn (1899-1981) was an art collector from New York City.
Donated 1958 by Joseph Hirshhorn.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel D10 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Armory Show (International Exhibition of Modern Art) memorabilia, 1913
- Joseph H. Hirshhorn and Abram Lerner interviews, 1969
- Joseph Hirshhorn papers regarding the Elmer MacRae papers, 1958-1978
- Oral history interview with Joseph H. Hirshhorn, 1976 Dec. 16