Moya del Pino, Jose, b. 1891 d. 1969
Active in San Francisco, Calif.
Collection size: 0.9 linear ft. (on 1 microfilm reel)
Collection Summary: Three passports; letters, undated and 1924-1973; writings, undated, including a biographical account; photographs, undated and 1949, of Moya del Pino, his mother, and some of his work at an exhibition; printed material, undated and 1924-1969, consisting mainly of clippings, 1924-1933, and an obituary, 1969; art works, undated and 1934-1939, including 32 loose drawings, 4 sketchbooks, and a lithograph entitled "Sailor Take Care," 1934, by Everett Jackson; and business and legal documents.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter, muralist; San Francisco, Calif.; b. 1891; d. 1969
Donated 1977-1982 by Tina (Clementina Moya) Kun, daughter of Jose Moya del Pino.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 3830 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with José Moya del Pino, 1964 Sept. 10
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Moya del Pino, Jose