De Rivera, José Ruiz, b. 1904 d. 1985
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 5.3 linear feet
Collection Summary: The papers of sculptor José de Rivera date from 1930 to 1991 and measure 5.3 linear feet. Found within the papers are biographical materials, letters, scattered personal business records, commission files, art work including four sketchbooks, printed material, and photographs. One of the commission files includes a motion picture film.
Biographical/Historical Note: José de Rivera (1904-1985) was a sculptor from New York, N.Y.
The José de Rivera papers were donated by the artist and the Grace Borgenicht Gallery in 1982. Additional material was donated by de Rivera's son, Joseph A. Ruiz II, in 1998.
How to Use this Collection
- Read the Finding Aid for this collection
- In 1970, JosÔe de Rivera loaned some papers for microfilming. Loaned material is available on reel N70-32.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with José de Rivera, 1968 February 24
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to De Rivera, José Ruiz