Trumbull, John, b. 1756 d. 1843
Painter, Muralist, Miniature painter
Active in England; New Haven, Conn.; N.Y.
Collection size: Partial microfilm reel.
Collection Summary: Correspondence, travel expenses on the continent, and a letter book.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter; New York City.
Microfilmed 1956 by the Archives of American Art with other art-related papers in the Manuscript Division of the New York Public Library. Included in the microfilming project were selected papers of the Art Division and the Prints Division.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel N26 (frames 1-645) available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- The Archives of American art does not own the original papers. Use is limited to the microfilm copy.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- John Trumbull collection at the Gilcrease Institute, 1820-1831
- John Trumbull collection, 1790-[ca. 1800]
- Letter to Anthony Wayne, 1779 Nov. 9
- Letters to Jonathan Potts, 1776 July-Aug
- Papers from John Trumbull's paint box, 1794-[ca. 1830]
- Image Gallery items from other collections related to Trumbull, John