Koch, John, b. 1909 d. 1978
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 3.7 linear ft. (partially microfilmed on 1 reel)
Collection Summary: REEL N69-30: Correspondence, catalogs, clippings, photographs and two scrapbooks.
UNMICROFILMED (3.3 ft.) Photographs of works by Koch (2 albums and loose photographs); family photographs, including some 19th century portraits (2 albums and loose photographs); biographical information; and printed material, including a catalog of the Koch Collection, exhibition catalogs, and announcements.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter, collector. Died 1978.
Material on reel N69-30 donated by John Koch, 1969. Unmicrofilmed material donated by The Manhattan School of Music, 1989, which acquired them from Dora Koch, John Koch's widow.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm roll N69-30 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with John Koch, 1968 April 10-17
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Koch, John