Audubon, John James, b. 1785 d. 1851
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 1 p. and typescript (1 p.)
Collection Summary: Photocopy of a letter to J. L. Alden, dated January 27, 1841, expressing concern about a remittance due Audubon. Audubon asks that Alden write and remit the money on receipt of the letter and sends his good wishes for Alden and his family, and kindest remembrances for Captain Crocker, his lady, and Mr. Page. Also included is a typescript of the letter.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter, illustrator, ornithologist and naturalist; New York.
Donated 1954 by Miss Mabel Zahn.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 2786 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- John James Audubon and Audubon family letters, [ca. 1783-1845]
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Audubon, John James