Cropsey, Jasper Francis, b. 1823 d. 1900
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 2 items (on 1 microfilm reel)
Collection Summary: Two letters from Cropsey to a Mr. Williams. The first letter acknowledges receipt of a frame and states that he is almost finished with the picture for Mr. Williams. In the second letter Cropsey accepts a commission to do a painting and states his conditions.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter; New York (N.Y.)
Donated 1967 by Robert H. Palmiter.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 2803 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Jasper Francis Cropsey papers, 1845-1868
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Cropsey, Jasper Francis