Jamison Thomas Gallery (Portland, Or.),
est. 1980 - 1995
Collection size: 27.3 linear feet
Collection Summary: The Jamison Thomas Gallery records measure 27.3 linear feet and date from 1940-2000, with the bulk of the records dating from 1980-1995, reflecting the years the Gallery operated in Portland, Oregon. About 1/2 of the records consist of artists' files of artists represented by the gallery and artists of interest. Also found are administrative records, client and collector files, financial and legal records, exhibition files, and publicity files.
Biographical/Historical Note: Jamison Thomas Gallery opened in Portland, Oregon in 1980 as the Folk Craft Gallery founded by William Jamison and Jeffrey Thomas. The gallery changed its focus and name in 1985 and began to specialize in contemporary photography, sculpture, and textile arts. Jamison Thomas Gallery closed in 1995, after William Jamison died from complications with AIDS.
Donated 2001 by Charles Froelick, director of the Jamison Thomas Gallery.
Funding for the processing of this collection was provided by the Smithsonian Institution's Collections Care and Preservation Fund.