Pollock, Jackson, b. 1912 d. 1956
Active in New York, N.Y.; East Hampton, N.Y.
Collection size: 1 item (on 1 microfilm reel)
Collection Summary: A letter to Rita [Benton], n.d., saying that he painted a "pretty good plate" that cracked in the fire, and that he will make and send another. He mentions Christmas dinner and wishes a happy New Year. He adds that Tolegian just painted "the best thing he ever did- a moon scene with stars."
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter; New York, N.Y.
Donor is unspecified.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 3470 available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Jackson Pollock and Lee Krasner papers, circa 1905-1984
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Pollock, Jackson