Tworkov, Jack, b. 1900 d. 1982
Active in New York, N.Y.; Mass.
Collection size: 9.6 linear feet
Collection Summary: Biographical material; correspondence; writings, including bound journals; diaries; photographs; and audio and video recordings, including 16mm film, documenting the career of Jack Tworkov as a painter.
Biographical/Historical Note: Jack Tworkov (1900-1982) was a painter in New York, NY.
Lent for microfilming in 1970 & 1971 by Jack Tworkov. Additional material donated in 2009 by Hermine Ford and Helen Tworkov, Tworkov's daughters. It has yet to be determined if the loaned material was donated.
How to Use this Collection
- Materials lent in 1970 and 1971 on microfilm reels N/70-38 and 62 are not owned by the Archives but are available for use only at Archives of American Art offices.
- Reels N70-38 & 62 Authorization to publish, quote, or reproduce requires written permission from Helen Tworkov or Hermine Ford (see 583 for addresses).
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Jack Tworkov letters to Troy-Jjohn Bramberger, 1974
- Oral history interview with Jack Tworkov, 1962 August 17
- Oral history interview with Jack Tworkov, 1981 May 22
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Tworkov, Jack