Wiles, Irving Ramsay, b. 1861 d. 1948
Painter, Illustrator, Teacher
Active in New York, N.Y.; Peconic, N.Y.
Collection size: 1 item (on partial microfilm reel)
Collection Summary: A letter to Mrs. Scharin from Wiles concerning a portrait Wiles painted for her (the subject of the portrait is unclear).
Biographical/Historical Note: Portait painter, illustrator, teacher; Long Island, New York.
Donated 1979 by William Postor who found the letter in a book purchased from the Scharin estate.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 3482 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Irving Ramsay Wiles papers, 1887-1935
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Wiles, Irving Ramsay