Active in New York, N.Y.
Sound recordings: 7 sound tape reels (12 hours) ; 7 in.
Transcript: 373 p.
Format: Sound quality is poor.
Collection Summary: An interview of Richard Stankiewicz conducted between 1963 Feb.-1963 Aug. 20, by Richard Brown Baker, for the Archives of American Art.
Biographical/Historical Note: Richard Stankiewicz (1922-1983) was a sculptor and educator from Huntington, Mass.
This interview is part of the Archives' Oral History Program, started in 1958 to document the history of the visual arts in the United States, primarily through interviews with artists, historians, dealers, critics and others.
Funding for the digital preservation of this interview was provided by a grant from the Save America's Treasures Program of the National Park Service.
How to Use this Interview
Also in the Archives
- Four Sculptors. [videorecording] / State University of New York at Albany, Educational Community Center; director, Carl Howard and Richard Stankiewwicz, 1973
- Oral history interview with Richard Stankiewicz, 1963
- Oral history interview with Richard Stankiewicz, 1979 June 26
- Richard Stankiewicz - Sculptor [videorecording] / State University of New York at Albany, Educational Community Center; director, Carl Howard, 1979
- Richard Stankiewicz papers, 1948-1984