Dickinson, Edwin Walter
Active in New York, N.Y.; Wellfleet, Mass.
Size: Sound recording: master 1 sound tape reel 5 in.
Format: An interview with Mervyn Jules is also on the reel-to-reel recording.
Collection Summary: An interview of Edwin Dickinson conducted 1968 Aug. 29, by Dorothy Seckler, for the Archives of American Art.
Biographical/Historical Note: Edwin Walter Dickinson (1891-1978) was a painter from Wellfleet, Mass.
This interview is part of the Archives of American Art Oral History Program, started in 1958 to document the history of the visual arts in the United States, primarily through interviews with artists, historians, dealers, critics and administrators.
Funding for the digital preservation of this interview was provided by a grant from the Save America's Treasures Program of the National Park Service.
How to Use this Interview
- Use requires an appointment.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Make a RequestReading Room Reproduction
Also in the Archives
- A visit with Edwin Dickinson [videorecording] / produced by Dorothea Weeden ; filmed and edited by Don Kendall, 1970
- Edwin W. Dickinson interview, 1970 Aug. 12
- Edwin W. Dickinson interview, 1972 June 13
- Edwin Walter Dickinson papers, 1909-1971
- Oral history interview with Edwin W. Dickinson, 1962 Aug. 22
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Dickinson, Edwin Walter