Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
O'Doherty, Brian, b. 1928
Art critic, Sculptor, Conceptual artist
Active in New York,N.Y.
Collection size: 9 sound tapes ; 7 in. (Partially transcribed on 126 p.)
Collection Summary: Interviews conducted by Brian O'Doherty for the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston's "Invitation to Art" program, aired on channel 2, television station WGBH, Boston, Massachusetts. Interviewees include: Josef Albers, Leonard Baskin, Marc Chagall, Walter Gropius, Edward Hopper, Jack Levine, Jacques Lipchitz, Richard Lippold and Ben Shahn.
Donated 1964 by the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.
How to Use this Collection
- Baskin: Authorization to publish, quote or reproduce must be obtained from Leonard Baskin, Audubon Road, Leeds, MA 01053.
- All except Chagall interview: Patrons must use transcripts.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Dealers' choice : panel discussion, 1983 Apr. 27
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston records, 1870-1973
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston sound recordings, 1983 May 18-1984 Feb. 8
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Museum of Fine Arts, Boston