Bolotowsky, Ilya, b. 1907 d. 1981
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 0.3 linear ft. (on 2 microfilm reels)
Collection Summary: Correspondence, exhibition catalogs, printed materials, writings, photograph and plays.
REEL N68-11: Correspondence, some relating to the American Abstract Artists; exhibition catalogs; notes; and a statement by the League for Cultural Freedom and Socialism.
REEL 2787: A typescript, "Reminiscences about the American Abstract Artists," by Bolotowsky, 1966.
UNMICROFILMED: A photograph of Bolotowsky with his painting RHOMBOID COLUMN B; 5 plays by Bolotowsky; and printed material. Includes a letter from Irwin Kremen and Kremen exhibition catalogs.
Biographical/Historical Note: Russian-American abstract painter; New York, N.Y. Died 1981.
Material on reel N68-11 lent 1968 by Ilya Bolotowsky. Unfilmed material donated 1982 by Andrew Bolotowsky, son of Ilya Bolotowsky.
How to Use this Collection
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Abstraction and neoplasticism : lecture, by Ilya Bolotowsky, 1975 January 15 /
- Oral history interview with Ilya Bolotowsky, 1968 March 24-April 7
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Bolotowsky, Ilya