Hyde Park Art Center,
Collection size: 1.2 linear ft.
Collection Summary: Certificate of incorporation; constitution and by-laws; minutes of the Board of Directors meetings; treasurer's reports; annual reports; letters received; copies of letters sent; 3 scrapbooks containing clippings and other printed material; subject files on exhibitions, artists, membership, fundraising, art classes and workshops, and the film program; a booklet, HYDE PARK ART CENTER, 1939-1976, edited by Goldene Shaw, 1976; exhibition posters; copies of news releases; clippings; and 26 photographs of artists, exhibitions and works of art. Also included is a manuscript about the history of the Center by Don Baum and Goldene Shaw.
Biographical/Historical Note: Art center; Chicago, Ill. Founded in 1939 as the Fifth Ward Art Center of Chicago, Illinois. The name changed to Hyde Park Art Center in February 1940.
Material donated 1981 by Hyde Art Center; unpublished manuscript donated 1975 by Don Baum.
How to Use this Collection
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.