Maril, Herman, b. 1908 d. 1986
Painter, Art teacher
Active in Baltimore, Md.
Collection size: 0.6 linear ft. (154 items)
Collection Summary: Biographical information; holiday circular letter in which Maril talks about two of his exhibits in 1977; exhibition catalogs and announcements; clippings; photographs of works of art; a Christmas card with a reproduction of Maril's painting; and printed miscellany.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter, printmaker, art teacher, Baltimore, Md. Taught at Cummington School of Art, Philadelphia Museum College of Art (now known as the Philadelphia College of Art), King-Smith School, Washington Workshop of the Arts and for 31 years at the University of Maryland College Park.
Donated 1978-1981 by Herman Maril.
How to Use this Collection
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Herman Maril, 1965 September 5
- Oral history interview with Herman Maril, 1971 July 21
- Oral history interview with Herman Maril, 1980 July 14