Strater, Henry A., b. 1896 d. 1987
Painter, Printmaker, Illustrator
Active in Me.; Fla.
Collection size: 0.2 linear ft. (on partial microfilm reel)
Collection Summary: 2 biographical sketches; a list of paintings; transcripts of 2 brief interviews; 30 photographs of Strater; 16 photographs of Strater and others at the opening and closing receptions of a Peggy Bacon exhibition at the Ogunquit Art Museum; 4 photographs of works of art; clippings; and magazine articles.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter; Ogunquit, Me. and Palm Beach, Fla. Died 1987.
Donated 1965 through 1974 by Strater.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 3465 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Oral history interview with Henry Strater, 1971 October 8
- Oral history interview with Henry Strater, 1973 September 28