Brown, Henry Kirke, b. 1814 d. 1886
Active in New York, N.Y.
Collection size: 1 item (on partial microfilm reel)
Collection Summary: To "Dear Ames," presumably artist Joseph Alexander Ames, written from Newburgh, N.Y. Brown thanks Ames for drawing paper received, and makes additional requests for other supplies; he also invites him to "come up and make us a visit" [from New York City to Newburgh].
Biographical/Historical Note: Sculptor; New York City and New York State, Washington, D.C. Ames was a portrait and genre painter, New York, N.Y. Both members of the National Academy of Design.
Donated 1955-1962 by Charles E. Feinberg. Feinberg was a long time friend and active donor to AAA.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel D8 (frames 371-372) available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Henry Kirke Brown papers, 1836-1893
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Brown, Henry Kirke