Hensche, Henry, b. 1901 d. 1992
Active in Mass.; La.
Collection size: 4 v. (partially microfilmed 1 reel)
Collection Summary: REEL 1207: Three scrapbooks, 1923-1966, containing photographs of Hensche, photographs of his work, one letter from Charles W. Hawthorne, clippings, exhibition catalogs and announcements, and invitations. In addition, there are two loose clippings, 1977.
UNMICROFILMED: 1 scrapbook, 1934-1993.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter, instructor; Provincetown, Massachusetts. Died 1992.
Scrapbooks on reel 1207 were lent for microfilming 1977 by Henry Hensche. In 2000 an additional scrapbook was donated by Hensche's widow, Dorothy Billiu-Hensche.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 1207 available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C. Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Henry Hensche letters to Frederick W. Wackerle, 1973-1986
- Oral history interview with Henry Hensche, 1971 June 14