Hensche, Henry, b. 1901 d. 1992
Active in Mass.; La.
Collection size: 7 items.
Collection Summary: 7 letters from Hensche to Wackerle seeking help in publishing his manuscript, The Art of Seeing and Painting.
Biographical/Historical Note: Hensche: painter, instructor; Provincetown, Mass. Wackerle: collector and friend of Hensche; Chicago, Ill. Hensche's book The Art of Seeing and Painting was published in 1988. Died 1992.
Donated 1986 by Frederick Wackerle. A photocopy of the mss., "The Art of Seeing and Painting" received with the letters was discarded due to its poor quality and the fact that it was published in 1988.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 5106 (fr. 1241-1252) available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Henry Hensche scrapbooks, 1923-1993, (bulk 1923-1966)
- Oral history interview with Henry Hensche, 1971 June 14