Prestopino, Gregorio, b. 1907 d. 1984
Active in New York, N.Y.; Roosevelt, N.J.
Collection size: 646 items (on 3 microfilm reels)
Collection Summary: Correspondence; biographical data; photographs; sketchbooks; writings; address books; exhibition catalogs and clippings; reproductions of magazine covers; and miscellaneous printed material.
REELS N68-88-N68-69: Biographical data; correspondence with art organizations, galleries, institutions, museums, etc., 1950-1968; exhibition catalogs; address books; clippings; photographs; sketchbooks; and writings.
REEL 3470: Reproductions of magazine covers for THE REPORTER, 1954-1968; 2 exhibition catalogs, 1950 and 1955; clippings; a list prepared by Prestopino of artists who have worked at the MacDowell Colony, Peterborough, New Hampshire; and printed miscellany.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter; New York, N.Y. Born in 1907.
Material on reels N68-88-N68-89 lent for microfilming 1968 by Gregorio Prestopino; he donated material on reel 3470 in 1980.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reels N68-88-N68-89 & 3470 available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Gregorio Prestopino interview, [ca. 1968]
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Prestopino, Gregorio