Tsutakawa, George, b. 1910 d. 1997
Painter, Sculptor, Art teacher
Active in Wash.
Collection size: 0.8 linear ft.
Collection Summary: Biographical material; correspondence, 1963-1990; exhibition records, 1973-1990; project files, 1978-1985; exhibition announcements and catalogs, 1967-1990; and printed material, 1965-1991. Correspondence, primarily letters received, regards Tsutakawa's outdoor fountain sculptures. Exhibition records consist of correspondence, loan forms, and lists. Project files include the Northwest Kitchen Cookbook illustrated by Tsutakawa; the Puyallup Fair Memorial Sculpture; and Tsutakawa's Alumnas Summa Laude Designatas award from the University of Washington, 1984. Printed material includes newsclippings, press releases, newsletters, journal articles, and calendars of events.
Biographical/Historical Note: Sculptor, painter, teacher; Seattle, Wash.; b. 1910; d. 1997.
Donated 1991 by George Tsutakawa. Additions are expected.
How to Use this Collection
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- [George Tsutakawa in Japan video project] [videorecordings] / Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution ; producer, Paul J. Karlstrom ; director, Ken Levine ; videographer, Dan Gadd, 1988 Oct. 17 - Nov. 4
- Oral history interview with George Tsutakawa [videorecording], 1987 June 26-27
- Oral history interview with George Tsutakawa, 1983 Sept. 8-19
- Image Gallery items from other collections related to Tsutakawa, George