Healy, G. P. A. (George Peter Alexander), b. 1813 d. 1894
Active in Paris, France; Washington, D.C.; Boston, Mass.
Collection size: 2 items (on partial microfilm reel).
Collection Summary: Two letters, 1860-1861, from Healy to Colonel E. G. W. Butler, about Healy's portrait of Mrs. Lewis painted for Butler, and about Healy's travels in the United States.
Biographical/Historical Note: Portrait and historical painter. Healy painted in the U.S. and Europe.
Transferred 1981 by the National Museum of American Art-National Portrait Gallery 1981 to the Archives of American Art.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 2814 available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- George P.A. Healy letters, 1846-1848
- George Peter Alexander Healy letter, Seville, Spain, 1888
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Healy, G. P. A. (George Peter Alexander)