Catlin, George, b. 1796 d. 1872
Collection size: 1 item (on partial microfilm reel)
Collection Summary: Catlin writes to "Dear Sir," requesting an autograph for his nephew, a Pawnee Indian chief. A typescript is included.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter. Catlin is known for his paintings of American Indians.
Donated 1955 by Charles Feinberg.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel D8 (frames 435-436) available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- George Catlin collection from the Thomas Gilcrease Institute of American History and Art, 1840-1860
- George Catlin manuscripts and drawings, [ca. 1893]
- George Catlin papers, 1821-1904, 1946
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Catlin, George