Mayer, Frank Blackwell, b. 1827 d. 1899
Active in Baltimore, Md.
Collection size: 1 item (on partial microfilm reel)
Collection Summary: Letter from Mayer in Paris to Henry R. Schoolcraft in Washington, D.C. affirming his dedication to depicting the North American Indian in his paintings and thanking Schoolcraft for encouraging Mayer to pursue the subject.
Biographical/Historical Note: Painter, specialized in North American Indian subjects and colonial themes; Baltimore, Md.
Donated 1955-1962 by Charles E. Feinberg, an active donor and friend of AAA.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel D9 (fr. 716-718) available for use at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Frank Blackwell Mayer glass negatives, [undated]
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Mayer, Frank Blackwell