Taylor, Francis Henry, b. 1903 d. 1957
Art critic, Educator, Museum director
Active in New York, N.Y.; Stonington, Conn.
Collection size: 0.2 linear ft. (on partial microfilm reel)
Collection Summary: Correspondence concerning the acquisition of Taylor's papers by the Archives; typescripts of "Life Round Table Conference on Modern Art," 1948; and a large file of clippings relating to Taylor's work with the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Biographical/Historical Note: Museum director, Metropolitan Museum of Art; New York, N.Y.
Donated 1958 by Pamela Taylor, Taylor's wife.
How to Use this Collection
- Microfilm reel 129 available at Archives of American Art offices and through interlibrary loan.
- Use of original papers requires an appointment and is limited to the Archives' Washington, D.C., Research Center. Microfilmed materials must be consulted on microfilm. Contact Reference Services for more information.
- For more information on using the Archives’ resources, see the FAQ or Ask Us.
Also in the Archives
- Correspondence with Charles Sawyer, 1935-1937
- Image and Media Gallery items from other collections related to Taylor, Francis Henry